Online Sports Betting Sites: Top 7 Signs of a Fake
Most of the sports fans I know that have wanted to gamble online have always worried about the safety and security of the sportsbooks they bet at. In fact, there have been cases of many fraudulent online sports betting sites that existed only to take the customer’s money and absolutely no signs of paying.
Here are a few signs that the sports book that you have come across is not safe.
1) They do not provide a toll free 1-800 number. Anybody can get one so the fact that one is missing is a pretty bad sign.
2) Their customer service number from #1 is not 24-7. The best online sports betting sites have operators on call throughout the entire day. Since most of the operators of these sites work out of countries like Costa Rica where labor is cheap, a 24-7 work force should exist.
3) Their options for deposit are limited.
4) They charge you a fee to deposit money by credit card. For them to charge you a fee is generally a sign that they do not take in a lot of Best10 action. The top websites will be happy to pay for the 3% credit card dues.
5) Their sportsbook bonus is above 30%. This does not necessarily guarantee the sports book is not safe but it is one possible sign.
6) The betting odds are not up to date and some of them vary from most other traditional sportsbooks as well as vegas. I have seen one such sportsbook that offered wrong lines and when they lost a lot of money on the game, they would cite the wager is cancelled because they had the wrong odds.
7) You have to email the sportsbook to get your deposit bonus.