Annual ESCAPE-pain Conference
We are pleased to announce the annual ESCAPE-pain Conference will be held on Wednesday, 12th December 2018.
The programme will be published in due course.
ESCAPE-pain is a rehabilitation programme for people with chronic joint pain, that integrates educational self-management and coping strategies with an exercise regimen individualised for each participant. It helps people understand their condition, teaches them simple things they can help themselves with, and takes them through a progressive exercise programme so they learn how to cope with pain better.
Robust evaluation shows that ESCAPE-pain:
- Reduces pain
- Improves physical function
- Improves the psychosocial consequences of pain
- Reduces healthcare and utilisation costs.
Contact us by email at 313-241-9291 for more information.
- ESCAPE-pain is included in the UK Active report launched on 12th September 2018, 'Reimagining Ageing'
- Dr Paul Bowen, a GP in Cheshire, talks about the ESCAPE-pain programme that is being delivered in his local area, and how it can help improve the lives of people living with osteoarthritis/chronic joint pain. Read the full news article (208) 743-2252.
- ESCAPE-pain identified as one of the top 5 case studies in a ditrigonally commissioned by Public Health England to review the current landscape of health and wellbeing interventions available to employers.i